Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bitter Sweet

I wish I could say Mother's Day was everything I'd imagined it would be however it was bitter sweet for me. It was a great day and Dan did a wonderful job of planning an event, buying flowers and cards; A+ all the way! The only thing was that Briar was not able to go with us on the event, which was a Mother's Day brunch train ride down the St Croix valley. He unfortunately was recovery from pink eye and another ear infection. Yep, he got pink eye pretty bad on Saturday afternoon and when we went in to get meds for that he was also diagnosed with his 5th ear infection in his left ear. UGH!

We waited until Sunday morning to decide if he would be able to join us on the ride but he was pretty cranky and also had a slight fever so we called my parents and they were kind enough to come watch him while we went. I of course was pretty sad during most of the ride and before we boarded I was even crying. My first Mother's Day and I wasn't able to enjoy it to its fullest with my Son :(

Dan took a few pictures of the train and he actually captured me in one, thank goodness it is the back side of me cause this was when I was crying.





As for Briar's first hair cut, he did great! No crying or fussing. However it could be that he wasn't feeling the greatest so he just went with the flow. It was actually during the hair cut that the pink eye started to become obvious. Here's a link to the pictures of the big event.

There's not much of the baby look left with his new hair cut, that's a little bitter sweet as well. He's also not looking the greatest cause his eye's are pretty puffy from the pink eye, even so he is still so adorable!

No comments: