Monday, June 16, 2008

1st Father's Day

You'd have to ask Dan but from what I can tell he totally enjoyed his 1st Father's day weekend.

It started with Friday night, Briar and I took him out to eat at his all time favorite restaurant Famous Dave's. Briar loved it too. Then we headed over to Lowe's to pick up Primary paint for the basement. The drywall was completed this past week so he was ready to paint, and as I have mentioned before Dan L-O-V-E-S to paint. So what a great way to start the weekend.

Saturday he mowed the grass, unlike some people, again Dan loves to mow. Yes, he is a bit odd but that's what I love about him ;) We took a family walk around the local reserve park/paths. Then he started painting the walls and ceiling in the basement. We ended Saturday evening watching an Action movie.

Sunday morning Briar decided to start the day off with a great gift, he slept in until 7am! Usually we are up right at 6am or a little before, so that was a nice surprise. I made Dan a twist on Eggs Benedict, another favorite of his. He then got to paint some more while I prepared food for a picnic. We went on an afternoon picnic to a near by park. Our first picnic as a family, here's a link to pictures. Of course the meal consisted of all of Dan's favorite picnic foods (fried chicken, homemade potato salad, chips & dip, pie). Briar had alot of fun checking out the surroundings, all the trees, grass, river, other people.....it was alot of fun!

We ended the day going to dinner over at my mom and dad's so that I could celebrate Father's day with my dad :)

Before I forget, Briar has decided to finally crawl! Of course it is his own version of it, more of a crawl walk. One foot is walking the other one is crawling. It is so darn cute! And we taught him how to do High Five, he can't get enough of it and tries hard to say it too but it's more like "dae dhat". Alot of things currently are "dhat".....aaahhhh....baby talk :)

No comments: